My minor quibbles of today about President Bush...
- He said he'd get Osama "dead or alive." He didn't
- He said there was a link between Al Quaeda and Iraq. There was none.
- He said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. There weren't
- He said Iraq was an immediate threat we had to respond to. It wasn't
- He said Iraqis would greet us with 'flowers and chocolate.' Not quite.
- He says the world is safer now that Saddam Hussein is gone. It's not.
- He says Iraqi security forces are being trained in sufficient numbers to handle security in Iraq. They're not.
- He says 'freedom is on the march' in Iraq. So is terrorism.
Now comes the Downing Street memo, which confirms all along what we suspected. We went to war with Iraq not because we had to but because Bush wanted to.
There is a growing outcry for an investigation of impeachment. If these charges are true, impeachment would certainly be warranted.
What do you think?